Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011 ....the last Christmas post for this year.

This is one of my most favourite photos ever posted by our friends at Shorpy.com .....The peace and serenety of the scene after a fresh snowfall reminded me of my childhood days.
  
 The following picture was posted once before but it is one of my favourite family photos ever.  Who could ask for better times at about 15 years old(one year before I could drive).  This of course is my family taken in December of 1959.  My mother Noreen, not with us anymore, my little sister Daryle, my baby brother Corey, my Dad, Jon(yes..that is how it was spelled, and still doing well at 92 years) with his perpetual cigarette and of course myself with my white and red ski sweater on(if it was in colour).  We were out getting our annual Christmas Tree, somewhere near Oliver Lake here in Fort William.  I couldn't have asked for a better childhood than what I had....things were a bit tough at times, but  I was truly a lucky kid.  Click twice on both photos to enlarge.
Thanks to all who have donated pictures throughout the year and all those who faithfully watch HR&J....We will continue to try to bring you something new and different as time permits.
Merry Christmas to all......D.

2 comments:

George Rogers said...

Hi Dave..

A sincere thank you from one ex pat Fort William boy for another great year of memories. I'm sure that many share my appreciation for all the work you put into this site.
All the best to you and yours for a great Christmas and happy New Year.
George Rogers

Dave Cano said...

Thanks very much George....hope to meet you in person some day....D.